At LivU, we are on a mission to inspire millions of users across the globe to foster meaningful
connections without fear of rejection, judgment, and safety.
We are committed to giving users a safe and secure environment to connect with others and express
themselves by building and protecting a one-to-one space that respects your privacy and safety. That
said, we are aware the online world can also bring instances of misuse and abusive behaviour, and as
such, we will take action based on our community guidelines and company values.
Our community guidelines define what is what is not allowed on the platform. They are set to encourage an
open, authentic, and healthy discussion which contribute to building a safe environment where you can be
yourself. Safety and trust are our number one priority, and we work hard every day to improve our
technology and enforcement efforts to prevent and/or remove harmful content and behaviour whenever we
become aware of it. In addition, we encourage you to report inappropriate behaviour or content you may
come across so we can review it against our guidelines.
To help you report on content which you think may violate these guidelines, please follow the link on
“How to Report” in our Safety Centre. Every time you flag something to us you help us make our community
safer. Thank you for that!
Minors are not allowed on our platforms. We leverage state-of-the-art detection technology and our human
resources to keep underage age users off our platform. Our age verification process uses artificial
technology and a KYC review that provides us with a complete and holistic analysis of user profiles.
Human moderators will review accounts flagged by our automated system or by user reports and take action
At LivU, we believe people need to feel safe to build meaningful connections, and we work hard to
protect our users, especially minors. We are committed to making our community a safe place where
content that promotes harmful or dangerous behaviour isn’t allowed. Our rules are designed to mitigate
potential online risks, focusing on child safety, sensitive content, and criminal behaviour.
Violent and Hateful Behaviour:
- Content or behaviour that threatens, incites, or promotes violence or hatred on our platform is
- We do not allow content that contains hateful behaviour and is aimed at attacking an individual on
their basis of race, nationality, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identification, and disability.
- We do not allow individuals or organizations who praise, promote, or engage in violence, including
hate groups, terrorist organizations, criminal organizations, and non-state armed groups.
oWe do not allow any type of nudity or sexual activity displays on our platforms in order to protect
our community from abusive behaviours such as sharing non-consensual intimate images, underage
content, exploitation, or sexual solicitation. Examples include and are not limited to:
Nudity or Near Nudity:
- Shirtless/underwear mirror selfies/videos: transparent clothing
- Photos/videos in bikini/swimwear
- Nude images/videos of yourself or others, including visible genitalia, breasts
- Near nudity
- Digital Nudity in the context of sexual activity or sexualizing minors.
- Adult Sexual Activity: Sexually explicit content such as sexual intercourse, stimulation, or
- Sexually Explicit Language: We strongly encourage users to be mindful of their language and abide by
our safety guidelines when connecting to others. Some members within our global community may be
sensitive to this type of content and behaviour, which would impede the ability of people to
establish meaningful connections with the greater community.
Bullying & Harassment:
- At LivU, we encourage diversity in our community and promote respect among all our users with
zero tolerance for discrimination.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy towards bullying and harassment of any kind and any acts of
intimidation by another user.
- Abusive language or behaviour can negatively impact mental health and well-being, causing serious
distress in an individual. Therefore, content that intends to degrade, threaten, or shame an
individual is not allowed on our platforms.
- Children are not allowed on our platforms. There are no exceptions. We have a zero-tolerance policy
regarding underage content and do not allow the display of sexual abuse or content that compromises
children. When we become aware of underage content or child exploitation imagery, we reserve the
right report it to authorities and the responsible account will be terminated; for example, but not
- Content that threatens, depicts, partakes, makes statements of intent, or shares links of sexually
exploited children participating in any type of sexual activity. This includes but is not limited
- Visibly explicit sexual intercourse
- Implied sexual intercourse
- Content that promotes or encourages participation in pedophilia
- Solicitation: Soliciting child sexual exploitation-related content, nudes or sexualised imagery of
minors is strictly prohibited
Suicide & Self-Harm:
- Safety is our number one priority, and we want our platform to be a space where people can talk
about their experiences and seek support from one another. That said, if you believe and are aware
that someone is at risk of harming themselves, please contact local emergency or support services.
- We do not allow people to praise, celebrate or promote suicide or self-harm, given the risks
associated with such actions.
- Content that provides instructions for, encourages participation in, or praises self-harm or
suicidal content will be removed from our platforms.
- Type of self-harm
- Eating Disorders: Anorexia or Bulimia
Illegal or Criminal Activities
We reserve the right to report any of these activities to the relevant authorities.
- Criminal Activities: Any content or behaviour prohibited by any applicable law, including assaults,
kidnappings, counterfeiting, human exploitation, smuggling, or trafficking.
- Sexual Solicitation:We do not allow content that encourages, advocates, or coordinates sexual
services between adults (i.e., prostitution). We place rules around this to dissuade bad actors from
using our platform for activities that may involve human trafficking, intimidation, and coercing
into non-consensual sex acts.
- Human Exploitation: Content requesting, advocating, or enabling recruitment of potential victims
through force, coercion, deception, blackmail, or other non-consensual acts is strictly prohibited.
- Regulated goods: We do not allow individuals to depict, solicit, purchase, sell, or trade the
following: non-medical drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, marijuana, and weapons.
Trading, purchasing, offering, buying endangered species or non-endangered animals are not
allowed on our platforms, including advocating for or coordinating poaching activities.
We prohibit the sharing of private and confidential information of yourself or others to protect our
community’s privacy, and as such, we may delete any user profile that displays personal identifiable
information. Additionally, any sharing of private information without consent is strictly prohibited
and for that reason, pressuring someone into sharing their personal information or personal
information of other, identity theft, or impersonation is also not allowed. Examples of private
- Government-issued IDs: National IDs, passports, social security cards, driver’s licenses,
- Personal identifiable information: real, legal name, email address, location, residential
- Digital identities with passwords, pins, and codes to access private information.
- Financial information: Bank account numbers (including security or pin codes), payment
methods, credit, or debit card information with confidential information (expiration dates,
security pins codes).
Our global online community is built on trust, and therefore inappropriate content or users who intend
to scam, mislead, or deceive other users isn’t permitted nor allowed on our platforms. That’s why we
have put in place rules around authenticity, fraudulent activities, and deceptive behaviour.
Impersonating or misrepresenting others is not allowed on our platform, including but not limited
Using somebody else’s photos with the explicit intention to deceive others of your identity.
Creating an account assuming to be or speak for another person or entity to mislead others.
We encourage our community to use the name they go by in their daily lives, identify with, or otherwise
what is meaningful to them. A name helps others know who they are connecting with while maintaining an
authentic and respectful environment.
A name can’t include:
- Numbers, Symbols, or different characters from a variety of languages
- Sentences to replace a name
- Inappropriate, suggestive, or offensive words of any type
- Sexualising or inappropriate emojis
Deceptive behaviour and Spam:
At LivU, we strive to create a positive experience for our users and therefore work hard to
limit the presence of content designed to deceive or aimed at hindering our user’s ability to
connect with others authentically.
Negative or misleading experiences can pose a threat to our community’s sense of security and trust
in the connections they make, and as such, we focus on preventing bad actors from abusing or
interfering in our products in ways that may disrupt or adversely affect or inhibit other members
from fully enjoying the services.
Photos, Shares, and Video Streaming Guidelines
The following content violates our policies:
- Any content with minors is prohibited.
- Photos with the intention of impersonation or deliberately misleading users about your
- Faceless photos (including those focused on sexualized body parts).
- Near nudity (including photos in underwear, bikini, shirtless, mirror selfies, etc.)
- Adult-themed and sexually explicit content.
- Any type of advertising and solicitation.
- Imagery displaying harassment, bullying, hate speech, and illegal activities.
- Regulated goods such as weapons, drugs, etc